Love's Rescue by Christine Johnson (Keys of Promise Series) ~ My Review

Love's Rescue
by Christine Johnson
Copyright 2015
Revell Publishers
ISBN: 9780800723507
The Story:
Can a girl enamored with the adventurous seas ever be content with the tame life of a Southern belle?

When her mother dies, Elizabeth Benjamin heads home to Key West, determined to transform herself into the perfect Southern belle her parents always wished her to be. But nothing goes according to plan. Her brother resents her, the servants do not obey her, and Rourke O'Malley, the dashing man she vowed to forget, refuses to relinquish his hold on her heart. Worst of all, it becomes painfully obvious that her father is not the man he appears to be.

As family secrets come to light, Elizabeth is faced with a difficult choice: to perform her duty and abandon her dreams, or to leave her life of privilege behind to chase the man her father sees as little better than a pirate.

From the first emotional page, author Christine Johnson throws you into a world of impossible choices, hidden desires, and heart-melting romance in the steamy South.

To learn more about Love's Rescue, visit the Revell website.



My Thoughts:
It has been a really long time since I've read a Christian romance that had such a breath-taking beginning. The 19th century seas are certainly the perfect place to start a novel if you want to capture this reader's attention and Ms. Johnson did! While this story as a romance fizzled, as a historical fiction, I enjoyed it. The chemistry between Rourke and Elizabeth was sadly lacking. Maybe it was just the author's style of aiming for a sweet romance that didn't really connect with me as a reader. I've been reading Christian romances for almost 20 years, and this had the feel of a Janette Oke story more so than those from current popular writers. This isn't a bad thing, as I loved those books growing up, but I think Love's Rescue might be better suited for a younger reader or just someone who likes a sweeter story.

~ My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean