Isle of Hope by Julie Lessman ~ My Review


The Story:
She stole his heart. 
He stole her peace. 
Can hope steal their pain? 

Isle of Hope
by Julie Lessman
Copyright 2015
Available as an e-book
Paperback coming soon
At the age of eighteen, Lacey Carmichael was a wild girl bent on fun, promised to Jack O'Bryen, a straight-and-narrow pastor’s kid bent on the seminary. When her father kicks her out of the house, she runs away from Isle of Hope, turning her back on everything she loves. Now, eight years later, she’s back as a woman of faith, hoping to make amends to the father she defied, the boyfriend she deserted, and the best friend she denied. Only the bridges she’s burned are still smoldering, kindled by an adulterous affair by Jack’s pastor father that damaged his son’s faith. But can a turning of tables—and hearts—lead the way back to “hope” for them all?


Order your copy HERE.

My Thoughts:
I read romances like they are going out of style. Call me crazy, but I've been a sucker for a good love story since my first princess book way back when. These days Julie Lessman's romances are some of my favorite "grown up" love stories. Since I just love her historical books, I was unsure how I would feel about a contemporary love story, but I think Isle of Hope could be one of my favorites. Her flair for writing period family dramas is second to none, but I think the contemporary setting fits her storytelling style even better. Lacey and Jack and Tess and Ben remind me of contemporaries of the characters from her Heart of San Francisco series, which I really enjoyed. The passion, struggles, and family dynamics that we're used to reading in Lessman's books are all present in spades. How can you not love a book of flawed characters finding perfect love in God's own time? The ending of this book left me a little disappointed, but that's only because Julie is ~hopefully~ leaving room for a sequel.

If you're a fan of her previous novels, definitely give this a try. It's one of my favorite e-books of the year.

~ My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!


Comments

  1. Looking forward to eventually reading this one! It sounds really good. Thanks for the great review, Renee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and holiday season!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean