Belle: An Amish Retelling of Beauty and the Beast by Sarah Price ~ My Review!



The Story:
In author Sarah Price's fresh and inspirational retelling of a beloved classic, a dutiful young Amish woman agrees to marry a notorious recluse for her family's sake--but the consequences are more than either bargained for . . . 

To most townsfolk, he's known simply as The Beast. Annabelle Beiler has little interest in gossip, but she's heard about Adam Herschberger's scars and his gruff, solitary ways. Though he sounds like a character from one of Belle's treasured books, the man is real and, it turns out, just as unreasonable as the rumors claim. When a buggy accident wipes out the last of her daed's money, forcing him to sell their farm, Adam buys it. Then he offers Belle a deal--marry him, and her family can keep their home.

Everyone is shocked by Belle's decision, but she's determined to be a good fraa, cleaning Adam's rundown house and tending the overgrown garden. Breaking through her new husband's icy reserve will be another matter. Belle's courage and strength are abundant, but it will take true faith to guide Adam back to the heart of his Amish community--and to the loving marriage they both deserve.



Purchase


Visit the author



My Thoughts:
Note: This is a review of the unabridged audio book.

A book inspired by Beauty and the Beast and a marriage of convenience story? This is the easiest way to ensnare this reader! I am a sucker for fairy tales, romance, and the simple life. Belle delivers! In all my years as a bookworm, I've never stayed up till 4:30 AM and if I'm listening to an audiobook, in all honesty, they put me to sleep if I listen late at night. It doesn't matter how into the story I am. It just happens! That wasn't the case here. In spite of the fact that I didn't enjoy the narrator, the plot of the story was just too good for me to put on pause! Slow burn romances will be the death of me. Epitaph: Here lies Renee. Dead from reading too much.

I was a little put off by the attitudes of both Adam and Belle, Adam being just plain mean and Belle too perfect, but as the story progressed things changed. It was easy to understand why Adam was so gruff and short with everyone, he had been treated that way for most of his life. It was a defense. That said, Belle never really lost that goody goody vibe, but it became less annoying.

I have never read a book by this author and I don't read as many Amish books as I used to, but this book was lovely. The romance reminded me a lot of one of my all-time favorite reads, another Amish fiction, Autumn's Promise by Shelley Shepard Gray. Belle is most definitely a book firmly on my keeper shelf!

~ My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars ~

*I purchased this book. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean