A Review: Yours Truly, Thomas



The Story: (from the publisher)
For three years, Penny Ercanbeck has been opening other people's mail.

Dead ends are a reality for clerks at the dead letter office, and she dreams of something more--a bit of intrigue, perhaps a taste of romance. When she comes across a letter from a brokenhearted man to his one true love, it becomes her mission to place this lost letter into the hands of its intended recipient.

But when Penny's undertaking leads her to the intriguing man who touched her soul with his words, everything grows more complicated. She wants to find the rightful owner of the letter, and yet . . . she finds herself caring--perhaps too much--for the one who wrote it.


My Thoughts:
This is my first time reading this author and my first time writing a review in quite a while! I love a sweet historical and as a newer novelist, Ms. Fordham’s voice is a refreshing addition to the genre. While Yours Truly, Thomas is a romance, it starts out somewhat slowly. It takes a bit to get to the “heart” of the story. If you like fast-paced—this isn’t for you.

Penny is very naive and has childish ideas on what love really is, so much so that she was a bit too silly for me and I’m the world’s most crazy romantic. However, Honey kept me reading. If you pick up this book, you’ll see! *Wink* Thomas is very mysterious and I honestly could not figure out just what his relationship was to the mysterious Clara. I can usually pick up on these things in books right away. Kudos to the author on that!

Yours Truly, Thomas is just what I’ve come to expect in the Christian fiction genre. Historical remain my favorite and I’m glad to see so many new names in the trade catalogues these past few years!

~ My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

 *I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

 Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean