My Review: You Belong with Me by Tari Faris



The Story (from the publisher):
Realtor Hannah Thornton has many talents. Unfortunately, selling houses isn't one of them.

When a business tycoon determines to raze historic homes in the small town of Heritage, Michigan, and replace them with a strip mall, Hannah resolves to stop him. She sets about helping Heritage win a restoration grant that will put the town back on the map--and hopefully restore her disgraced family name. But she'll need help to do it.

As a foster kid, Luke Johnson never truly felt he belonged. Now he has a chance to earn his place in his hometown. But he doesn't anticipate how his relationship with Hannah will set into motion events that reveal the truth about who he is--and who he was.

My Thoughts:
Heroine who loves the romance of old things ✓
Friends to possibly lovers ✓
Old houses ✓
Could this book be anymore up my alley?! Ha ha! I haven't read a contemporary romance in the Christian fiction genre for a while and I so loved the fresh new voice of Ms. Faris. From the start I could pretty much guess how it was going to go, but I loved the twists and turns that brought it to its satisfying conclusion. I'm not super fond of stories with multiple romantic story lines, but this one works without muddling the main story. I hate that it started out with two love triangles. IMO, that's the most overused trope in romance, and unfortunately, my least favorite. It's a little more straightforward on the faith message, so I might not recommend it to readers unfamiliar with the genre. All in all, a nice contemporary story that I'd read again just for the fact that Hannah is passionate about preserving history which always gets two thumbs up from me

~ My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean