A Christmas Romance Squee Courtesy of Netflix and Shondaland!

 Hi guys! It has been a minute since I've had an official freak out over a movie or tv series! You all know how gutted I was over last year's Sanditon (still mad), so the announcement that another regency romance was coming was music to my ears. Move forward to this Christmas Eve and suddenly the new series is almost here! Based on the book The Duke and I by Julia Quinn, and author who many have dubbed a modern day Austen, Bridgerton follows the matriarch Violet and the romantic exploits of her alphabetically named children and the marriage-minded Featheringtons. It's a historical series unlike any I've read, so I'm chuffed to see it brought to life on the small screen. 

The cast is absolutely incredible. Julie Andrews narrates it for goodness sake! Among other familiar faces, there are quite a few unknowns to me as well! I watch A LOT of British drama and they tend to recycle the same actors, so I love that this American produced series cast is new to me and also very inclusive and diverse. I do believe from photos and sneak peeks that this casting is perfection. *chef's kiss* 

Enough of me yammering on and on! Watch the trailer below and let me know what you think! Bridgerton premieres Christmas Day on Netflix. I have the feeling that this series is going to leave me saying, "Sanditon? I don't know it."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean