My Review: Hitched to the Gunslinger by Michelle McLean



The Story (from the publisher's website):

Gray “Quick Shot” Woodson is the fastest gun west of the Mississippi. Unfortunately, he’s ready to hang up his hat. Sure, being notorious has its perks. But the nomadic lifestyle—and people always tryin’ to kill you—gets old real fast.

Now he just wants to find a place to retire so he can spend his days the way the good Lord intended. Staring at the sunset. And napping.

When his stubborn horse drags him into a hole-in-the-wall town called Desolation, something about the place calls to Gray, and he figures he might actually have a shot at a sleepy retirement.

His optimism lasts about a minute and a half.

Soon he finds himself embroiled in a town vendetta and married to a woman named Mercy. Who, judging by her aggravating personality, doesn’t know the meaning of her own name. In fact, she’s downright impossible.

But dang it if his wife isn’t irresistible. If only she’d stop trying to steal his guns to go after the bad guys herself.

There goes his peace and quiet...

Book available August 24, 2021. 

Preorder today!

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Entangled Publishing

Visit Michelle's website for more fabulous book info.

My Thoughts:

Historical romance is definitely my jam. I like dukes and duchesses, cowboys, highlanders, you name it. However, I haven’t read a western in a good while, so I figured I’d request this one when the email from the publisher arrived in my inbox. This one promised to be funny and I thought a retired gunslinger? Hmmm…should be interesting to say the least. The verdict is, even though it felt like two different stories starting around the halfway point, I liked it. Firstly, I liked that the hero was a curmudgeon with a bit of a dad bod going on and secondly I liked the goat. Mercy was a nice heroine, too. I really appreciated that this romance had two ordinary looking people with their own stubbornness uniting them. It definitely made for a few hilarious moments. That said, it was a bit too “Insta-love” for me considering the first half of the story where they were grating each other’s nerves more than getting to know one another. Still, I ended up reading the book in a few hours and am interested to see if it becomes a series because with an entire town of characters being introduced, there’s definitely room for more stories!

~ My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean