My Review: A Heart Adrift by Laura Frantz



The Story (from the publisher's website):

"This tale of second chances and brave choices swept me away."--Jocelyn Green, Christy Award-winning author of Shadows of the White City

It is 1755, and the threat of war with France looms over colonial York, Virginia. Chocolatier Esmée Shaw is fighting her own battle of the heart. Having reached her twenty-eighth birthday, she is reconciled to life alone after a decade-old failed love affair from which she's never quite recovered. But she longs to find something worthwhile to do with her life.

Captain Henri Lennox has returned to port after a lengthy absence, intent on completing the lighthouse in the dangerous Chesapeake Bay, a dream he once shared with Esmée. But when the colonial government asks him to lead a secret naval expedition against the French, his future is plunged into uncertainty.

Can Esmée and Henri'sshared vision and dedication to the colonial cause heal the wounds of the past and reunite them?


Order today from:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Revell Publishers

and other great bookstores!

Visit Laura's website for more fabulous book info.

My Thoughts:

As per usual Laura Frantz has whisked me away to 18th America in a way that only she can. With a deft hand, she pens a vibrant story of love lost and regained on the Virginian coast during a time fraught with uncertainty. Esmée Shaw, chocolatier and lighthouse keeper extraordinaire is as strong willed and loyal as only Frantz’s heroines can be and Captain Henri is truly dashing! The perfect romantic pairing if ever I read one! A Heart Adrift is certainly a new classic in the Christian fiction genre. I’m ever impressed with the authenticity of Laura’s books and look forward to many books from one of my favorite historical authors ever!

~ My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars~

*I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean