For Love or Loyalty: MacGregor Legacy, Book One by Jennifer Hudson Taylor (My Review)

For Love or Loyalty
by Jennifer Hudson Taylor
Copyright 2013
Abingdon Press
ISBN: 9781426714696
The Story:
To atone for her father's evil, Lauren Campbell agrees to help Malcolm MacGregor. By the time she realizes she's the bargaining price to free Malcolm's mother from indentured servitude, it's too late.

Malcolm MacGregor only wants to free his family and exact revenge against Duncan Campbell. As the pride and joy of Duncan's life, his daughter Lauren is the perfect answer, but during the voyage to America, her faith continues to witness to Malcolm. He becomes enraptured with her, and upon their arrival, discovers he's sold her into a fate worse than death. Now Malcolm has the dilemma: free his family or rescue Lauren? Time is short and with little means, he needs a miracle.

To read more about the book and the author, visit Jennifer's website:
http://jenniferswriting.blogspot.com/

My Thoughts:
At first I'll admit I was a little reluctant when it came to reading a story where a captive falls in love with her captor, as the last story I read with a similar story line was a bit of a disappointment. Jennifer Hudson Taylor has a knack for creating a story that's adventurous as well as romantic, so I don't know what I was thinking worrying about For Love or Loyalty. It was everything that I enjoy in Christian fiction speckled with unique situations for our hero and heroine all with a little bit of danger to keep things moving along and a wee bit suspenseful. For me, Lauren Campbell was a little too easygoing for somebody who was taken from her home against her will. Even in the midst of arriving in a strange new land, she didn't seem to show a lot of emotion. I still liked where this story went, however. Malcolm was dedicated to his family, but he also took care of his "enemy" in spite of all that the Campbells had done to his clan. For Love or Loyalty is a sweet, inspirational romance for anyone who loves to read their Christian fiction in one sitting or savor slowly on a lazy summer weekend!

~ My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!




Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean