Stone Cold Touch (Dark Elements, Book 2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ~ My Review

Stone Cold Touch
By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Copyright 2014
Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 9780373211340
The Story:
Every touch has its price 

Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who's pretty sure things can't get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could.

But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla's powers begin to evolve, and she's offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She's finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay….


My Thoughts:
Going into this book I'll admit to being a little underwhelmed by the first book. I did however feel that I was firmly Team Zayne. Stone Cold Touch just cemented that feeling. As with many stories that revolve around love triangles there's usually a clear "winner" who the author steers you towards. I gotta say with this series, I still don't have a clue as to which guy Layla will choose. Personally, I loved that this book focused on the Layla /Zayne bit of the triangle, but of course, we're left hanging at its conclusion.

This series is just one of those you read when you're looking for mindless entertainment. I am usually the last person to pick up stories with love triangles these days, but Armentrout knows how to hook a reader. Sure they are fluff stories, but darn if they don't have you pulled in from the get go with the will they or won't they.

Stone Cold Touch picks up right where book one left off, so you won't want to read this without havine read White Hot Kiss. I like that these stories give us both a glimpse into the heart of Layla as well as each of the love interests. As I said, Armentrout makes it extremely difficult to dislike either of Layla's suitors. Even if you're Team R or Team Z, you'll find yourself rooting for the other guy at some point! If you like your romance all fun and a bit of danger, this series is definitely that! I'm a bit afraid to read book three for fear of Layla's choice, but whomever she chooses, I'm sure it will be an interesting story.

~ My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars ~


*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!

Comments

  1. Always thanks! !
    The pronunciation in Japanese is "ARIGATOU".
    My favorite book is "Black Hawk Down".
    The author is the "Mark Bowden".
    The person to my respect; John Fitzgerald Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, I'm glad you were "hooked" by this book! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean