Take a Texas Road Trip in On Lone Star Trail by Amanda Cabot


The Story:
A woman without a future. A man running from the past.
One enchanting place where broken dreams are mended.

If there's one thing Gillian Hodge never wants to see again, it's a man on a motorcycle. Her last encounter with one left her right hand crushed, ending her promising career as a concert pianist. Unsure about the next phase in her life, she heads to Rainbow's End Resort for some R&R when a sudden thunderstorm causes a motorcycle to crash right in front of her.

When TJ Benjamin's wife died, he lost more than his best friend; he lost his faith. He has spent the past year wandering the country on his motorcycle, trying not to think about the future. When he finds himself stranded with a busted bike and a reluctant rescuer, he has to wonder about God's sense of humor.

As these broken people collide, they find that a bright future is still ahead--it just might not be the one they imagined for themselves.


My Thoughts:
Fresh off the high of finishing up with the second season of Mozart in the Jungle I took a chance on this book. Since the main character was a concert pianist, I thought, "Hey, maybe this Gillian will be a little like Hailey." Unfortunately, Gillian's story didn't hold my interest as I had hoped and reached its crescendo by the end of the second chapter. Gillian, indeed, struggles with life after music and what she is risking by falling for a biker, but I think this book has too many other things going on that are distracting. I have the feeling that all of the secondary characters would have meant more to me if I had read the previous two books in the series. So you might wait until you have read At Bluebonnet Lake and In Firefly Valley before checking this book out at the library or loading it on to your e-reader. 

~ My Rating: 2 out of 5 stars ~ 

* I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading! 




Comments

  1. Happy May Day, Renee! Thank you for your honest review of this book. I hope your Sunday has been relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean