Go West with His Prairie Sweetheart by Erica Vetsch


His Prairie Sweetheart
Erica Vetsch
Copyright 2016
Harlequin Books
ISBN: 9780373283613

The Story:
A Home for Her Heart   

After being jilted at the altar, Southern belle Savannah Cox seeks a fresh start out West and accepts a teaching position in Minnesota. But between her students' lack of English, the rough surroundings and sheriff Elias Parker's doubts and distrust, Savannah's unprepared for both the job and the climate. However, she's determined to prove she can handle anything her new town throws her way.

Elias gives it a week—or less—before the pretty schoolteacher packs her dainty dresses and hightails it back home. But no matter how many mishaps he has to rescue her from, Savannah doesn't give up. Yet the real test is to come—a brutal blizzard that could finally drive her away, taking his heart with her…

Visit Erica's website to read more about this book and others!

My Thoughts:
As much as I complain about hating winter and the cold weather, as soon as the temps hit the 80+ degree mark, I'm looking for any way to cool off. What better way to beat the heat than with a book about a blizzard! Harlequin had the right idea publishing this book in May for hotties like me to read. ;-)

His Prairie Sweetheart by Erica Vetsch is one of the finest examples of romantic storytelling from the Love Inspired line. I've read more of these books in my youth than I can count and have continued to do as an adult reader on a budget. Trust me when I say I'm an experienced mass market paperback romance reader. 


Savannah Cox's story is one I actually probably wouldn't label as romance actually but rather more of historical fiction. An inexperienced schoolteacher conquers the West -- discovering a new culture, meeting a handsome albeit stubborn stranger, and most importantly (I'm a dog lover, people) makes friends with a cute collie, Captain. She certainly meets with her fair share of roadblocks, including facing painful memories from her past and confronting the full force of Mother Nature's wrath on the prairie. As with most heroines, she perseveres and is rewarded for it in the end. Even though she's spoiled, she never comes across as childish or bratty thanks to Ms. Vetsch's knack for creating well rounded characters.

Elias Parker is more than a match for Miss Savannah and is also a pretty likeable character. Not once did I find myself annoyed with the H/h as I so often am with these historicals. All of my reading sessions involving this book were free of the dreaded eye roll!

His Prairie Sweetheart is a book that is sure to please fans of sweet Harlequin stories. While the romance doesn't take control of the story, the all important HEA is satisfying. If you're looking for a book to wile away the hot, summer days this May release from Love Inspired Historical should do the trick.

~My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars~

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean