Fall in Love In NYC with Sunset in Central Park by Sarah Morgan


Sunset in Central Park
Sarah Morgan
Copyright 2016
Harlequin
Paperback ISBN: 9780373789238
The Story:
In the chaos of New York, true love can be hard to find, even when it's been right under your nose all along… 
Love has never been a priority for garden designer Frankie Cole. After witnessing the fallout of her parents' divorce, she's seen the devastation an overload of emotion can cause. The only man she feels comfortable with is her friend Matt—but that's strictly platonic. If only she found it easier to ignore the way he makes her heart race… 
Matt Walker has loved Frankie for years but, sensing how fragile she is beneath her feisty exterior, has always played it cool. But then he uncovers new depths to the girl he's known forever and doesn't want to wait a moment longer. He knows Frankie has secrets and has buried them deep, but can Matt persuade her to trust him with her heart and kiss him under the Manhattan sunset?

My Thoughts:
I'm such a sucker for the best friends fall in love trope. Honestly. I could read that stuff every day of the week. Naturally, I gravitated towards this book because the blurb mentioned long time friends discovering that the feelings they had went deeper than friendship. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my lofty expectations. Booooo. Ha ha. I kid. This book is actually good, but I was a bit disappointed. 

Let's start with Frankie. Frankie was a little annoying. Granted she had some childhood traumas and a man crazy momma who would make a sailor blush, but gee whiz she was stubborn in her reluctance to trust anyone. How many years do you have to know a person who's never given you a reason to mistrust him, before you will let him in? Poor Matt! I love me a hero who will do anything for the woman he loves, but this dude had the patience of ten saints. If I'm saying, "Give up on her! Go for the other girl!" y'all know something is up. 

When all is said and done, however, this book was cute. There is certainly chemistry between Frankie and Matt, but I was hoping for a little more of their backstory and how they became friends before the romance started. To me, that would have given the romance a more solid footing. I still liked the book and look forward to Eva's story this winter!

Note for readers - Keep in mind that this is a general market romance, so there is some brief strong language and sexual content.
Click to visit the Harlequin website!
~My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!


Comments

  1. Renee, I appreciate your honest review of this book. It sounds like it left you a bit disappointed, but that you ebjoyed it overall. Have a relaxing long weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean