Going Through Laura Frantz Book Withdrawal? Try The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep!

The Captive Heart
by Michelle Griep
Copyright 2016
Shiloh Run Press
Paperback ISBN: 9781634097833
The Story:
Proper English governess Eleanor Morgan flees to the colonies to escape the wrath of a an angry duke. When the Charles Town family she’s to work for never arrives to collect her from the dock, she is forced to settle for the only reputable choice remaining to her—marriage to a man she’s never met. Trapper and tracker Samuel Heath is a hardened survivor used to getting his own way by brain or by brawn, and he’s determined to find a mother for his young daughter. But finding a wife proves to be impossible. No upstanding woman wants to marry a murderer.

Available for preorder from Amazon or your favorite bookseller.

My Thoughts:
Before I requested this on Netgalley, I read some of the reviews to see if I should give this a try. To be honest, I loved Griep's first few books (see Undercurrent), but I did not enjoy Brentwood's Ward at all, and was leery of requesting this for that reason. One reviewer noted that The Captive Heart was something fans of Laura Frantz should read, and naturally, since I'm her #1 fan, I decided to go for it. It is after 1:30AM and I'm typing this review on Goodreads via my iPad. I read this book straight through. (Note to readers: do yourself a favor and stay off of Netgalley at bedtime, because chances are you will lose sleep when you decide to request all the books.) There were a few anachronisms and I was annoyed by the use of "woman" by Samuel when he was attempting to gain Eleanor's attention, but other than that it was one of my favorite romances in a long while. The chemistry really burned bright and the setting definitely reminded me of a Laura Frantz novel. Frontier set novels are fascinating. Plus the spying, tracking missions, etc. give this a bit of a Turn vibe. Good stuff! I enjoyed this one a lot.


~ My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!




Comments

  1. Super glad I redeemed myself! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, I'm glad you enjoyed this inspirational romance. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean