TLC Book Tours: Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson


The Story: (From the publisher)
Marnie MacGraw wants an ordinary life—a husband, kids, and a minivan in the suburbs. Now that she’s marrying the man of her dreams, she’s sure this is the life she’ll get. Then Marnie meets Blix Holliday, her fiancé’s irascible matchmaking great-aunt who’s dying, and everything changes—just as Blix told her it would.

When her marriage ends after two miserable weeks, Marnie is understandably shocked. She’s even more astonished to find that she’s inherited Blix’s Brooklyn brownstone along with all of Blix’s unfinished “projects”: the heartbroken, oddball friends and neighbors running from happiness. Marnie doesn’t believe she’s anything special, but Blix somehow knew she was the perfect person to follow in her matchmaker footsteps.

And Blix was also right about some things Marnie must learn the hard way: love is hard to recognize, and the ones who push love away often are the ones who need it most.




Purchase Links

Amazon | Books-A-Million | Barnes & Noble


My Thoughts:
Matchmaking for Beginners is the sweet, humorous, and uplifting story I have been craving. I often shy away from contemporary fiction and romance, just because I can never connect with the characters. Marnie and Blix's world is one I want to visit.

Marnie MacGraw thinks she has it all until fate puts her in the path of eccentric, free-spirit Blix Holliday. Even though the characters are completely flawed and make terrible decisions about life and love (what were you thinking marrying him, Marnie?!), I just adore them. Just as their aura's sparkle, so does Maddie Dawson's storytelling. The only thing is that I wish the author would have went more in depth with Patrick. The introvert artist scarred in body and soul is truly a romantic hero in the making. I know, I know, this book isn't a romance, but dannnnng I love a tortured soul who isn't a complete jerk and a half! Gimme more, Dawson!

I am keeping this review short and sweet because they less time I spend writing it, the more time I have to download and listen to Maddie Dawson's other books! Read this if you love women's fiction. Read this if you love quirky characters. Read this book if you love romance! Just read it!

~ My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!




Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean