My Review: Joy to the World: A Regency Christmas Collection by Carolyn Miller, Amanda Barratt, and Erica Vetsch



The Story (from the publisher):

Inspirational Regency romance with a Christmas twist from three best-selling authors


In Joy to the World, three popular authors come together to offer a heartwarming collection of holiday Regency romance. Based on lines from a beloved Christmas carol, these three novellas in one book have depth, faith, and satisfying stories all packed into the perfect length for readers to curl up and take a brief break from their holiday busyness.


"Heaven and Nature Sing" by Carolyn Miller

Two music lovers, deeply devoted to each other, were on the brink of engagement when family circumstances drove them apart. How can they ever overcome their obligations and fears to find their way back into each other's arms?


"Far as the Curse is Found" by Amanda Barratt

One winter night, a woman struggling to provide for her illegitimate child encounters a scarred veteran of the Napoleonic Wars on the streets of London. Can love conquer the darkness of two broken pasts?


"Wonders of His Love" by Erica Vetsch

A Scots portrait painter with a hidden identity finds work at a noble manor house over the holidays. He never imagined he'd fall in love with the emotionally frozen widow there. Now he wants nothing more than to thaw her heart.



My Thoughts:

There's nothing I love more than a Regency romance, but I'll confess to not being a huge fan of novellas. That said my overwhelming curiosity over this anthology by three authors, including one I've been a fan of for quite some time, won out. I'm so glad to have taken the time to read Joy to the World as it did indeed bring a bit of joy to my life! As with any novella, these three weren't super in depth, but I actually still felt a connection to the characters. Each of the Regency worlds built by Miller, Barratt, and Vetsch were authentic and actually quite raw for what I thought was going to be an anthology filled with snowflakes and sunshine. Overcoming pain to experience the joy of the season were underlying themes that I really felt will resonate with many this year. I think "Far As the Curse is Found" was my favorite, just because I do love a hero scarred physically and emotionally finding love. "Wonders of His Love" has a Scottish hero, so of course, it was already predetermined that I would adore the story and I did! "Heaven and Nature Sing" was nice, but the chemistry between Edith and George wasn't as palpable as the other couples! Overall, this book was a festive feast fit for Regency and romantic Christian fiction fans! 


2 stars - Heaven and Nature sing 

4 stars - Wonders of His Love 

4 stars - Far As the Curse is Found


~ My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars! ~

*I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.* 

Happy Reading!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean