My Review: The Love Note Joanna Davidson Politano


The Story (from the publisher):
The night Willa Duvall refuses her fourth marriage proposal, she discovers a forgotten love letter in a crack of her old writing desk. As she seeks to uncover its author and intended recipient, she follows a trail through past secrets and deep family shadows. Is there any hope for this long-ago secret love--and for her to finally have one on her own?



Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Revell

My Review: 

Well, gee. How could I not love a book with such poetic lines as this? 

 “It was so different with Gabe than with any other man of my acquaintance, for we knew each other as two books whose pages were worn from heavy reading, their lines memorized and recalled in a moment.”  

Or this: “Matched souls always find their way back to one another, for they seek refuge in the same place.” 

Le sigh. Taken strictly as a romance, this book is everything. There are many different characters in this book and we see different stages of each of their relationships. Gabe is the absolute dreamiest hero ever. The strong, silent types get me Every. Single. Time. And he supports his woman’s career. He’s my new favorite person. Hawt. And that’s all I can say about him right now. Honestly, this is the most Renee book ever. So much romance. Oh, I cried too. I never cry, but this book has several poignant moments. I’m actually still crying. Why’d you do me this way, Golda? Oof. 

Anyway...this is a Christian romance so there are definitely overt religious themes throughout, but even if you’re not into it, it’s not “pushy”, but flows naturally with the rest of the story. I’m making a point to go back and read this author’s previous releases and am adding her next book to my tbr list as well. 5 huge stars! 

~ My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars! ~

 *I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.* 

Happy Reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean