My Review: A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer

A Tailor-Made Bride
by Karen Witemeyer
Copyright 2010
Bethany House Publishers
352 pages
ISBN: 978-0-7642-0755-6
Historical Fiction

From the
publisher:
When a dressmaker who values beauty tangles with a liveryman who condemns vanity, the sparks begin to fly!

Jericho "J.T." Tucker wants nothing to do with Coventry, Texas's new dressmaker. He's all too familiar with her kind--shallow women more devoted to fashion than true beauty. Yet, except for her well-tailored clothing, this seamstress is not at all what he expected.

Hannah Richards is confounded by the man who runs the livery. The unsmiling fellow riles her with his arrogant assumptions and gruff manner while at the same time stirring her heart with unexpected acts of kindness. Which side of Jericho Tucker reflects the real man?

When Hannah decides to help Jericho's sister catch a beau--leading to uproarious consequences for the whole town--will Jericho and Hannah find a way to bridge the gap between them?

My Review:
Sometimes I'm in the mood for a sweet, gentle romance with a dashing hero and this book, A Tailor-Made Bride fits the bill! Too boot it's a debut novel for author Karen Witemeyer! All I can say is if this book is that good, what's her next one going to be like?

This story, set in the late 19th century, features beautiful seamstress and dressmaker, Hannah Richards and rough, sometimes gruff liveryman, Jericho "J.T." Tucker. If you like a thoroughly modern heroine and a stubborn hero look no further than these two. If you're a fan of "damsel in distress" rescue scenes there are a few of those as well.


While not the most thought provoking book, an important message of seeking God to better understand oneself and beauty is prevalent throughout the story. Remember don't judge a book by its cover! ;-) However when it comes to books this time you can. The cover of A Tailor-Made Bride is beautiful as well as the story on the pages between it!

Available in June from your favorite bookseller!

To learn more about Karen Witemeyer visit:
Her WEBSITE

*I received my free copy from the publisher as an influencer for the author.*


Comments

  1. Great review, Renee! :) I admit that I am one of those people who often judges a book by its cover. (I just really want the books I have to be pretty! I know, however, that books with pretty covers don't always have the best stories.) But I'm glad to hear that this story was good, and I do enjoy some of those "damsel in distress" scenes! ;)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review, Renee!

    I love, LOVE!! this cover and I'll admit too, that I'm a habitual "judger-of-the-cover".LOL And I'm really trying to stop, cause, when I first saw the book It's Not About me by Ms. Sutton, I wasn't too thrilled by the cover (if you know what I mean). It took my like a year to finally read it and I actually LOVED it! It was really great, despite the cover(surprise, surprise). I guess one of these days I'll learn.;D
    Wow! I got way off track there.LOL
    Thanks again for another awesome review/book suggestion, Renee!
    Love Ya,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that damsel in distress comment. lol Great review as always. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wonderful review is making me even more anxious to read this one! Plus, it's sitting here, within reach, just beckoning me. Unfortunately, I have others to read first. :(

    Thanks for sharing!

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review Renee! I have awards for you, you can pick them up here: http://enjoyingthewritingcraft.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-i-read-this-week-and-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks so good!! I love a modern thinking heroine in the historicals I read. I am in love with the cover, I have to add this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean