Review (YA Fiction): Percival's Angel by Anne Eliot Crompton

Percival's Angel
by Anne Eliot Crompton
Copyright 1999, 2011
Sourcebooks Fire
234 pages
ISBN: 978-1-4022-3784-3
Young Adult Fiction

From the publisher:
Lili, an apprentice of the Lady of the Lake, is the childhood friend of Percy, the boy who will become one of Arthur’s greatest knights. But as they grow older, Lili begins to see their differences. She has otherworldly magic while he has the magic that lives within the Human Heart. Lili dreams of knowing human love while Percy dreams of finding the Holy Grail. Neither can succeed without the other.

My Review:
I did not enjoy this author's style of writing. I did like the story but the broken sentences and dialog were very hard to follow. I found myself having to go back and re-read too many sentences to enjoy this story as I felt I could have if it were easier to read. The relationship between the two characters, Percival (human) and Lili (Fey) was indescribable. I didn't know if they were real friends or just two companions on a journey and I definitely didn't see a love story here so the ending didn't make much sense to me. I love the cover and the characters are interesting to say the least but this just wasn't my type of story. If you're a fan of the Arthurian Legend you may enjoy this different twist.

Content Note: Some strong language and mild sexual content.

To learn more about this series visit:
Sourcebooks

*I received my complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for posting my thoughts on the book.*

[E71051A476806AF34863DC84F40396F4.png]

Comments

  1. I know! This whole series has beautiful covers! I think that YA has some of the best covers around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, thank you for your honest review. I like the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean