Return to the West Coast with the McClares in Dare to Love Again by Julie Lessman

Dare to Love Again
(The Heart of San Francisco, Bk. 2)
by Julie Lessman
Copyright 2013
ISBN: 9780800721664
The Story:
She's a sassy socialite burned by love. He's a jaded cop burned by the upper class. When sparks fly . . . will love catch fire again? 

Spunky Allison McClare is determined to be a fearless, independent woman. But when she takes a notion to explore the wild Barbary Coast, she quickly discovers she's no match for the unsavory characters that haunt the dark streets.

Detective Nick Barone would rather do almost anything than teach this petite socialite self-defense, but it seems he has little choice. Sparks fly every time the two meet until a grudging friendship develops into something deeper. But is he just a fraud like all the rest of the men Allison's cared for? Or is he the one who will let her dare to love again?

Award-winning author Julie Lessman brings the glamour of Gilded Age San Francisco to vibrant life in this journey to find a love that never fails.

“Available January 2014 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

My Thoughts:
I was beginning to think that Julie Lessman's books couldn't sizzle anymore than they already have with her Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change series', but this third series set in San Francisco gives new meaning to the word romance. Slow burn is certainly a fitting term for both romances that unfold in the second book in The Heart of San Francisco series. Romance fans, you won't be disappointed in Allison's story!

From the first disastrous meeting between Allison and Nick, to the gradual love story that has been unfolding since book one between Cait McClare and her brother-in-law, Logan, each line of this story is pure magic. Two hard-headed people who can't bear to budge and who try their darnedest to deny the sparks are just lovely to read. While there isn't nearly the amount of "physical" as in her previous books, Dare to Love Again does not disappoint in the love and romance department. In my opinion, the slow-to-act Nick makes the coming together all the more sweeter. Hubba hubba! ;-)

Dare to Love Again is the perfect story to stay indoors with and enjoy in front of the fireplace with your favorite cup of tea. Julie Lessman is one of a select few group of authors whose books I put on my must buy list before I even read the cover blurb. Quality fiction with a great message is pretty much a guarantee with each of Lessman's stories. I look forward to seeing what happens next with the cousins McClare!

~ My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars ~

To learn more about Julie Lessman and her books visit her website:
www.julielessman.com

Check out my reviews of each of Julie's previous novels HERE.

*I receive complimentary books for review from the publisher. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!



Comments

  1. I read the first one and didn't realize the second was out. I'm glad it's so good. I love the setting as I'm from the Bay Area.

    2 Kids and Tired Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It's so fun to read stories set in areas you're familiar with. :-) Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Sounds excellent! Lovely review sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean