Book Review: Dewey- The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World

Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter
Copyright 2008
Grand Central Publishing
277 pages
ISBN: 9780446407410


One cold winter day in January 1988 in the small town of Spencer, Iowa, a tiny half dead ginger kitten was discovered in the Spencer Public Library who would change the world forever. From then on known as Dewey Readmore Books, the library cat, he had an impact on all who met him and those who could only read about him. Vicki Myron, Dewey's "mom" and library director tells the inspiring and sweet story of the best library cat in the country.

As you know I tend to stick with fiction and I also tend to pick up books because I like the covers! When I saw the cover for Dewey I knew I wanted to read it...even though it was nonfiction! I needed to add a little variety to my reading life so when I got the book this week I started it immediately.

I really enjoyed this story! If you love cats you will love this really touching story about the life of Dewey, the library cat. This book is cute, sad, and really shows the ups and downs of life and how a pet, cat;dog; or any type of animal can impact the lives of their humans. I'll admit I had a few tears in my eyes but, I laughed a few times at Dewey's antics as a kitten as well...let's just say rubber bands didn't last long at the Spencer Public Library! If you're looking for a relatively quick short read that is a rolller coaster of emotion you should read Dewey, especially if you're a pet lover!!!

To learn more about Dewey and Vicki Myron visit:

The Spencer Library page

Read an excerpt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean