Book Review: No Place for A Lady (Heart of the West, Book 1) by Maggie Brendan

No Place for A Lady (Heart of the West, Book 1)
by Maggie Brendan
Revell Publishers
Copyright 2009
303 pages
ISBN: 978-0-8007-3335-3



Synopsis: Crystal Clark arrives in the beautiful Yampa Valley of Colorado with hopes of leaving the tragedies she faced in Georgia behind and to start a new life. The prim and proper miss is graciously accepted with open arms by her aunt Kate and the ranch hands of Aspengold. Luke, the dashing foreman is reluctant to acknowledge Crystal as an asset to the ranch while at the same time fighting his growing attraction, despite being engaged to April McBride.

A sudden tragedy forces Crystal and Luke to work together to keep all that they hold dear from slipping through their fingers into the hands of a neighboring rancher. Will Crystal be able to find the love she longs for and save beloved Aspengold or will she have to head back to Georgia with nothing?

My review:
Thanks to my friend Lori, I finally had the chance to read No Place for A Lady and I am certainly glad I did! This story has all the elements I love best, a beautiful setting, characters that I can relate to, and most of all...romance. And let me say this if you can get through this book without a tear in your eye you're one tough cookie! Ms. Brendan did such a wonderful job, you won't realize this is her first novel!

I loved Crystal immediately and Luke certainly fit the bill as a true cowboy. The secondary characters were terrific too, Kate, Rusty, and Josh were my favorites! All in all this was a great Christian romance and I look forward to reading Book 2, The Jewel of His Heart this Fall.

To learn more about Maggie Brendan and her books visit:
http://southernbellewriter.blogspot.com/
http://www.bustlesandspurs.com/
Revell Books

Comments

  1. Great job! You took the words right out of my mouth! LOL

    ~ Lori
    http://sugarandgrits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha thanks! I look forward to reading what you have to say about it too!

    XOXO -Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed your book swap of Dewey! I'm going to be reading this one soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'll like it Heather! There are some really cute pictures in it too...even though they're in black and white!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean