My Review: Sarah's Garden (A Patch of Heaven, Book 1) by Kelly Long

Sarah's Garden (A Patch of Heaven, Book 1)
by Kelly Long
Copyright 2010
Thomas Nelson Publishers
310 pages
ISBN: 978-1-59554-870-2
Fiction/Christian/Romance

From the publisher:
Deep in the heart of Pennsylvania’s Allegheny Mountains, shy Sarah King is happiest when working in her vibrant Amish kitchen garden, but new family responsibilities lead her into the confusing world of the Englisch.

Sarah finds her life turned around when she encounters the community’s new Englisch veterinarian, Grant Williams. His blue-gold eyes and his obvious concern for her people attract her immediately. Sarah seeks solace and direction from the Lord as she creates a quilt pattern which details her struggle between two worlds.

The Lord is guiding Sarah to follow His will, but will she listen?

My Review:
I'm always excited to learn about new authors and while I'm not the world's biggest Amish fiction fan I do occasionally read it. When I saw that Amish fiction writer, Kelly Long had a full length novel releasing I jumped at the chance to review it. While not any different from any of the other Amish themed books that I've read it was still enjoyable.

The doctor, Grant Williams was a great hero. He was very likable, funny, and sweet. Sarah King, the female lead was also winsome; sweet and a little shy but still feisty. They were well rounded characters but the story wasn't much different from most of the other Amish fiction that I've read. I was a tiny bit bored with it by middle of the book.

For a first full-length novel it was still a nice story and I really did enjoy the interesting tidbits about veterinary medicine through Grant's character and gardening through Sarah's eyes. I never knew there were so many types of tomatoes! Wow! I'm sure that fans of the genre will like the story and it may also appeal to readers who enjoy a sweet romance. Sarah's Garden is available now and Book 2, Lilly's Wedding Quilt releases in April 2011!

To learn more about Amish fiction visit:
Amish Living Website

*I received my review copy through Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze Program.*

Comments

  1. I'm reading this, too and I think my thoughts are similiar to yurs...I'm just having trouble getting into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, I've been wondering about this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean