2010 Reading Challenges...COMPLETE!
I listed all of the books that I read for the Christian Historical Fiction Challenge HERE.
The books that I read for the Historical Fiction Challenge I've listed below.
Challenge levels as taken from the host, Queen of Happy Endings
-- Curious – Read 3 Historical Fiction novels.
-- Fascinated – Read 6 Historical Fiction novels.
-- Addicted – Read 12 Historical Fiction novels.
-- Obsessed – Read 20 Historical Fiction novels.
* Clicking the linked titles will take you to Amazon*
1. The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund
2. Finding Becky by Martha Rogers
3. Sharpshooter in Petticoats by Mary Connealy
4. Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander
5. In Every Heartbeat by Kim Vogel Sawyer
6. A Suitor for Jenny by Margaret Brownley
7. Nightingale by Susan May Warren
8. Crestmont by Holly Weiss
9. Highland Blessings by Jennifer Hudson Taylor
10. Uncertain Heart by Andrea Boeshaar
11. Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer
12. Lady in Waiting by Susan Meissner
13. Wrangler in Petticoats by Mary Connealy
14. Masquerade by Nancy Moser
15. Surrender the Heart by Mary Lu Tyndall
16. The House on Malcolm Street by Leisha Kelly
17. Love's First Bloom by Delia Parr
18. A Memory Between Us by Sarah Sundin
19. A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman
20. The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson
21. Petra: City in Stone by T.L. Higley
22. Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad
23. McKenzie by Penny Zeller
24. Love Finds You in Victory Heights, Washington by Tricia Goyer and Ocieanna Fleiss
25. Mountain Rose (novella) by Cheryl St. John
26. The Edge of Light by Ann Shorey
27. Catching Moondrops by Jennifer Erin Valent
28. Doctor in Petticoats by Mary Connealy
29. The Seeker by Ann H. Gabhart
30. Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz
31. Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn
32. Beautiful Bandit by Loree Lough
33. Touching the Clouds by Bonnie Leon
34. The Gunsmith's Gallantry by Susan Page Davis
35. I Serve by Roseanne E. Lortz
36. Claim by Lisa T. Bergren
37. Healer by Linda Windsor
38. A Love of Her Own by Maggie Brendan
39. Ransome's Crossing by Kaye Dacus
40. Love on a Dime by Cara Lynn James
41. The Homecoming by Dan Walsh
42. Abbie Ann by Sharlene MacLaren
43. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
44. She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell
45. A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
Hmmm I think it's safe to say I'm OBSESSED since I read waaay more than I even have listed here!
As for the Christmas challenge like I said above I read one book, A Forever Christmas but it was really good. If you enjoy sweet love stories that feature high school sweethearts reuniting over the holidays it's one for you! Since it was released last year I'm sure you could find it on eBay or Amazon for a few pennies plus shipping! Use that giftcard you got for Christmas! *wink*
No matter what type of book you're a fan of I hope you find some great ones to keep you entertained in 2011!
Happy New Year!
What a great list, Renee! I've read 4 or 5 of them but have a few others in a TBR pile. (Two of them in my pile came from you! Thanks, again.) The authors should thank you for linking all 20 to Amazon--because I'm sure folks will be back to check these out. So glad you can share such a fun obsession with us! Blessings!ReplyDelete
I signed up for two. One was a romance challenge. I think I was supposed to read 24 romances for the year. I sorta kinda blew that one away. lol Then I did the Christian historical fiction challenge too. I quit counting the total romances once I hit 70 or 71. I know I read 119 books total - and most of them were romances. I had a few non-fiction and some plain old fiction in there... but probably 95% or more...ReplyDelete
Then it was 46 on the Christian historical fiction. I don't know what kind of challenges await for next year. We'll see. :o)
Wow, you ladies amaze me!! You've knocked it out of the park on the challenges!! Congrats!ReplyDelete
And Renee, thanks for mentioning my book! I really appreciate you reading it when Christmas and contemporaries aren't your thing. Thank you!
Happy new year! May this be another year of met challenges!
Happy New Year and congrats on completeing your challenges! Woohoo!ReplyDelete
Renee thanks for pointing my links out....I just came back to make sure they worked, which i should have done BEFORE I posted and they aren't working correctly. It will take me a while to fix them so bear with me. :-)
Missy I really enjoyed A Forever Christmas. I DO like contemporaries but I just don't seem to read as many of them as I do historicals. I'd definitely read yours!