Make Time for the Doctor!

Most of you know that I don't watch a lot of tv, there's just not anything on that appeals to me. I was never a fan of Lost (don't hate me) and I don't watch Survivor but the few shows that I do watch I absolutely love and if I miss an episode it's the end of the world...seriously. ABC's Castle, The CW's The Vampire Diaries and PBS's Masterpiece Classic are definitely my "can't miss" shows. However, my all-time favorite show is BBC's Doctor Who. I absolutely love it and ever since it first aired on the Syfy channel in 2005 I haven't missed an episode...until this season when it moved to BBC America which is not a channel in my satellite package. Luckily I ordered some gifts for friends on Amazon for Christmas and got some credits to watch some Video on Demand on their site so of course I had to watch season 5 of Doctor Who! I'm loving it so far!

If you know anything at all about the Doctor Who series you know that Christopher Eccleston played the Doctor for the 2005 season. When he left the show I did not think I would like David Tennant as the new doctor but (surprise!) I did. David was awesome as the Doctor and just proved that personality is everything. He wasn't the hunkiest guy but I developed a serious crush (yes I know he's a fictional character) on him as the Doctor soooo when I found out he was leaving the show in 2009 I was heartbroken. I thought, "That's the end of my love for the show, they'll ruin it by casting someone who is ridiculous or annoying." Boy was I ever wrong! I have to say that whoever cast Matt Smith as the new Doctor is pure genius!!!! He's my favorite Doctor yet...I hope he sticks around for awhile.

I still don't get all the aspects of time travel but the Doctor and his new companion, Amy Pond played by Karen Gillan make it a blast to watch every week! And may I just say that I didn't like the Doctor's previous companion, Rose's boyfriend Mickey or Amy's current boyfriend, Rory? They seem like kind-hearted, brave lads but next to the doctor they seem reallllly dumb. Poor guys. I guess I should learn to like Rory, he's funny and you gotta feel bad for a guy who gets called an idiot at least once per episode. When all is said and done Doctor Who is just an all around excellent show. I can never predict what's going to happen except that the Doctor will somehow save the day. I love it and I know no matter how serious things get on the show you're always guaranteed a laugh!

Well I'm off to watch the rest of Season 5! If you're a fan I'd love to hear why you love the show, who your favorite Doctor is or even your favorite episode. Your thoughts on anything Who please!!! :-) If you're not familiar with the show let's discuss your fave BBC show or movie!

Here's the trailer for the 2010 series, the next season starts in Spring 2011! Yay!




*Click on the poster pics to check them out on Amazon*

Comments

  1. YAY!!! LOVE this post! And you haven't finished season 5 yet, right? So I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that your opinion of Rory will do a 180-degree turn by the finale - at least that's what happened for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm . . . Might be worth a try. At least until Netflix picks up season 3 of Lark Rise . . . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha okay Ruth we will see, I mean I don't dislike Rory I just like the Doctor better! :-P

    Renee!! YESSSS!!!! You should watch Doctor Who but I recommend starting with Series 1 or you might be totally confused. Best.Show.Ever.

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Castle! *high five* I need to try Doctor Who :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG JUJU I think you will LOVE Doctor Who! PLEASE let me know what you think of it if you watch! I've never seen Bones for some reason but my friend just got every season on dvd for Christmas so maybe I'll have to borrow it? LOL

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean