YA Fiction Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Nightshade (Nightshade, Book 1)
by Andrea Cremer
Copyright 2010
Philomel Books
454 pages
ISBN: 9780399254826
YA fiction/Paranormal

From Goodreads:
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


My Review:
**5 STARS**
If you look at my Goodreads profile you'll see that I read this in a day and it's 400 plus pages so that's saying a lot. I've been wanting to get back to reading paranormal/YA fiction and since I read Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick a few weeks back I've been picking some awesome YA fiction. I'm really lucky I guess since there's a lot out there to choose from.

Nightshade is unlike any other novel I've read before. I'll admit I'm a huge Twilight fan but I never really liked werewolves until now. Jacob who? yeah you'll be saying that after you meet Ren and Seamus. The only issue I had was with Shay dissing Pride and Prejudice but other than that he's a perfect potential hero! And Calla? don't mess with her, she'll kick your butt! Don't let the name fool you, she's not the lily-livered type, she perfectly represents the alpha female with great strength and leadership qualities.

Their world may not be perfect but if you're looking for a story with violence and passion this is definitely it. It's making my list for Best-Reads of 2010! Is it time for Wolfsbane yet?


Sidenote: Technically they're not really werewolves, they're Guardians, but I keep calling them werewolves in my head, I can't help it.

To learn more about Nightshade and the author visit:
Andrea's WEBSITE
Her BLOG
The Nightshade SITE

*I swapped for this ARC online and was not obligated to review it*


Comments

  1. Wow! This book sounds really great! Your enthusiasm is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic. I'm a total wolf girl. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cover! A few of my students are really into Twilight. (I read the first one just to be able to relate--ha ha!)They'd probably like this . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! I'm so glad you loved this one too, Renee!! I am so totally team shay!! I loved that this one had so many layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Carrie- I'm kinda Team Ren, probably since he's a bit of a bad boy. ;-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean