Reading Challenges 2011 Number Two: Men in Uniform

Ok really is there a girl on the planet who doesn't go ga ga for a man in uniform?

...I didn't think so.



****************

I've been looking for something different than my normal challenges. In my search I stopped by The Book Vixen's blog today and saw this great challenge that she came up with to read books that feature heroes in uniform. All I could say was yum-mmmmy, I am so in! I already know one book that I will definitely be reading and that's Ronie Kendig's Digitalis (Marine hero) and probably her next release, Wolfsbane featuring a Green Beret captain. The next book to read? who knows but hopefully there will be a military man , police officer or a firefighter in my future. ;-)


Men in Uniform Reading Challenge



Levels:

Sergeant
– Read 1–5 men in uniform novels (MY GOAL)
Lieutenant – Read 6–10 men in uniform novels
Captain – Read 11–15 men in uniform novels
Chief – Read 16+ men in uniform novels

If you think this sounds like a great challenge check out The Book Vixen blog to read the complete rules and to sign up. Challenge lasts through December 31, 2011.

Comments

  1. This one looks like a great challenge! I had noticed it before, and it was definitely tempting (like you noted, who can resist a man in uniform?), but I decided I'd probably have my hands full keeping my own challenge together! ;) Plus, I have to read books for my classes... But I hope you have fun with this one! :D

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a challenge! Good luck to you! :)

    Would a U.S. Marshal count? They don't really wear a uniform, I guess, just a badge? The first book that came to mind when I read your post was Irene Hannon's newest release, Fatal Judgment, in her new series, Guardians of Justice. I can't wait to find the time to read it!!! *sigh*

    You're gonna do great, Renee!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Renee! Against All Odds by Irene Hannon is free for your Nook right now. It's about an FBI hostage team rescue member . . . I think that's kind of a man in uniform, right? FBI is pretty official.

    Also, Debbie Macomber wrote a whole series of books about Navy men. You might have to buy some of them used through Amazon and Half.com. I was able to find a couple for my Kindle.

    (http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=books&pageID=2)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also . . . do pilot and firemen uniforms count? Karen Kingsbury wrote 3 books about men in those uniforms that I can remember.

    Ocean's Apart--commercial pilot
    One Tuesday Morning--fireman in NYC on 9/11
    Beyond Tuesday Morning--sequel to fireman story

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo agreed! But which is your favorite? I'm partial on Marines and firemen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow 5 comments, see I was right, everyone does love a man in uniform! ;-)

    Amber you can go for option with only one book if you want to give the challenge a try but I understand how busy you must be with school and everything.

    Lori and Renee Ann, if you're interested in participating or have questions I'm sure The Book Vixen will answer them. I would imagine that pilots and firemen definitely do count though.

    Juju, I'm not too picky I like them all :-P

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading Digitalis right now and LOVING it! A lot more than I ever expected, since I like suspense, but not so much thriller. She has me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! You are too funny! What's next, the "Every Girl's Crazy for a Sharp-dressed Man" Reading Challenge?! Have fun with this one, Renee, and have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Casey, I should be getting Digitalis soon, I'm glad you're loving it! Have you read Nightshade the first book? It's sooo good!

    Oooo Suko I think you got something going there with that one...BTW that song is one of my favorite ZZ top songs. :-P

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean