An OK Installment in the Port Aster Secrets Series

Blind Trust
Port Aster Secrets, Book 2
by Sandra Orchard
Copyright 2014
Revell Publishers
ISBN: 9780800722234
The Story:
Kate's not sure how deep this deception goes--but she'll do whatever it takes to find out. 

Kate Adams had no idea she was carrying counterfeit money and can't believe that it came from her sweet elderly neighbor. Or that it has landed her in the middle of another of Detective Tom Parker's investigations. Determined to prove her neighbor's innocence, Kate stumbles into a pit of intrigue far deeper than a two-bit counterfeit operation--and one that strikes too close to home for comfort.

As family secrets come to light, her world--and her budding romance with Tom--begin to crumble. To Kate, it's clear that she won't be safe until she uncovers all of Port Aster's secrets. But then will it be too late for her and Tom?


My Thoughts:
I loved that this story continued where the first one left off with the same characters, but sadly this just did not keep my attention like Deadly Devotion did. We're once again catching up with Kate Adams and Detective Tom Parker in the midst of a big mystery surrounding Kate and her family's past and the cutthroat business of pharmaceuticals. This story has the same familiar characters with a few new ones showing their faces, this time involving counterfeiting and poisoning. I will say this, Sandra Orchard definitely knows how to weave a storyline that is complex and intense even if a little predictable. I hated the fact that one of the characters who played such an important role in all the to do surrounding GPC, I had pegged pretty much from the beginning. Darn me and my Holmes-like deductive skills. That together with the fact that a large portion of the story focused on a plant wasn't that interesting to me. As a whole, this series is still one of the better ones I've read so far and I'm definitely planning on reading book 3 to see what happens next in Port Aster.


~ My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!


Comments

  1. Bummer. I had high hopes. Thanks for your honesty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my review. Hope you enjoy the story if you give it a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean