Oath of the Brotherhood by C. E. Laureano -- Fantasy & Faith in One Great Book

Oath of the Brotherhood:
The Song of Seare (Bk. 1)
by C. E. Laureano
Copyright 2014
TH1NK/ NavPress
ISBN: 9781612915876
The Story:
In a kingdom where the Old Ways hold fast and a man’s worth lies entirely in his skill with the sword, Conor Mac Nir is a scholar, a musician, and a follower of the forbidden Balian faith: problematic for any man, but disastrous for the son of the king.

When Conor is sent as a hostage to a neighboring kingdom, he never expects to fall in love with the rival king’s sister, Aine. Nor does he suspect his gift with the harp (and Aine’s ability to heal) touches on the realm of magic. Then his clan begins a campaign to eliminate all Balians from the isle of Seare, putting his newfound home in peril and entangling him in a plot for control of the island that has been unfolding since long before his birth.

Only by committing himself to an ancient warrior brotherhood can Conor discover the part he’s meant to play in Seare’s future. But is he willing to sacrifice everything—even the woman he loves—to follow the path his God has laid before him?

My Thoughts:
When it comes to fantasy fiction, I'll admit, I'm not always on board. Too many times stories I've read have been complex, unoriginal, or just flat out uninteresting. Oath of the Brotherhood by C. E. Laureano is an exception. From the very first page, I knew that this wasn't going to be a run of the mill young adult fiction story. Filled to the brim with fantasy, magic, and faith Conor Mac Nir's story blew me away. Yes, at times I had to keep flipping back to the glossary at the end of the book to keep the characters and places straight in my head, but when it came to Conor and Aine Nic Tamhais and their struggle against dark forces I was hooked.


The story follows both Conor and Aine as they go from teens to young adults and learn to use the gifts that they were both blessed with. In spite of being so young and separated after only a short time together, Conor and Aine's love only grows through the years. Don't let this fool you. If you're looking strictly for a sugary sweet romance, you won't find it here. However, if you're in search of a powerful tale of good versus evil with some action and a ton of adventure (think LOTR!) look no further than Oath of the Brotherhood.

Laureano has penned a tale that is nothing short of epic. Readers young and old, boy or girl, will find something to enjoy in this book. The cliffhanger ending will have you begging for the next installment! I know I am!

~ My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.

Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean