Book Review: The Luxe Series (The Luxe, Rumors, Envy) by Anna Godbersen

Anna Godbersen:
The Luxe
HarperTeen
2007
433 pages

Rumors
HarperTeen
2008
423 pages

Envy
HarperTeen
2009
405 pages

Okay, it's official, I have another new favorite author to add to my list...Anna Godbersen. Her historical series, The Luxe is awesome! Since I love history and drama, when I read about these books and saw the beautiful covers I knew I HAD to have them!

The first book in the series, The Luxe, published 2007 was so terrific I didn't hesitate to pick up Rumors when I had the chance and was nervously anticipating the release of Book 3, Envy. Thanks to my friend Rachel I was able to get a copy sooner than expected.

Since I finished all three books prior to starting up this blog, I never had the chance to post a review until now (I just re-read The Luxe and realized I didn't review it yet). Since I love the entire series so far (book 4, Splendor will be released late this year) I'm just making this a review of all three books.

These books have drama, romance, rivalry, scandal and great parties...absolute juicy reads! Set in the 1899-1900, Anna Godbersen really offers a peak into the lives of old money and the nouveau rich of New York City society. Elizabeth, her sister Diana and their "frenemy" Penelope are just a few of the characters we get to know in the series. These books are Gossip Girl in the 20th century. They're well worth the time and each book leaves you hanging and wondering what happens next. I myself am eagerly awaiting book 4 and if it's anything like these first 3 it will not disappoint!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean