Book Review: A Man Most Worthy by Ruth Axtell Morren

Ruth Axtell Morren
A Man Most Worthy
2008
Steeple Hill
279 pages

I haven't read a Love Inspired book for a while so since this week I was a bit short on reading time I decided it was time to read and review one on here. I've read all of Ruth Axtell Morren's books so far and I really have enjoyed each and every one of them. I think she is one of my favorite authors for both the Steeple Hill Love Inspired line and their Women's fiction line.

A Man Most Worthy is the story of wealthy, young heiress, Alice Shepard and a not so well to do clerk, Nicholas Tennant who are separated by unfortunate circumstances and are reunited many years later. Alice has to choose to risk her heart again and Nicholas has decide to leave the past behind him.

I really liked this story because I got to know the characters when they were very young and then saw what changed them as they grew older. Plus, I always like the stories where the hero grows up and says "I'll show you," to the very people who thought he wouldn't amount to much and that's pretty much what happens to Nick in this book. He is a very likable character as well as the heroine, Alice who despite her wealth is not a snob. Ms. Morren has written a good romance that I could see myself reading again. The nice thing is since it's an older book (released October 2008) you can find it online for a dollar or two!

To learn more about Ruth's books and the Steeple Hill collection visit:
http://www.ruthaxtellmorren.com/
http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?cid=241

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean