Book Review: The Swiss Courier by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey

The Swiss Courier
by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey
Copyright 2009
Revell Publishers
324 pages
ISBN: 978-0-8007-3336-0
Fiction/Historical

Synopsis: Gabi Mueller is a young Swiss-American working in the American Office of Strategic Services in WWII Switzerland. Thanks to her knowledge in cracking safes, she's asked to participate in some dangerous assignments. Proving that she is trust worthy, she is sent out on a mission to save a man she doesn't even know, a German scientist working on developing the atomic bomb. She risks her life while the fate of the world hangs in the balance.

My Review: I am so happy that I got the chance to read this book. I've really had a hard time finding a good WWII novel, finding two in as many months is almost a miracle for me (my other WWII novel review HERE.) The Swiss Courier is a really fast paced book. I really enjoyed the different points of view that the authors used in the book, Bill Palmer, the American pilot, the Swiss workers for Strategic Services, and the German head of Heidelberg Gestapo, Bruno Kassler. It's very suspenseful and intriguing, I can't believe that this book wasn't labeled as a suspense! It really was a nail-biter. The reveals of some of the couriers at the end of the book were surprising. I usually don't care for books with a lot of action because they stress me out. I worry too much about what's going to happen. This one however, I loved and recommend it to everyone who likes a WWII drama...this is even a good book for the guys!


To learn more about The Swiss Courier and the authors visit:

http://www.triciagoyer.com/

http://www.mikeyorkey.com/

http://www.revellbooks.com/

*I received this book from a blog contest on Favorite Pastimes blog.*

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book...I know you've been wanting to read it! *grin*

    Great review!
    ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori for ALL your comments! They're much appreciated!

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean