Book Review: BITTEN AND SMITTEN by Michelle Rowen

Bitten and Smitten by Michelle Rowen
Warner Books, 2006, pgs. 390

As most of you know I usually read Christian fiction or YA fiction and tend to stay away from adult romances as they usually contain more graphic elements that I really don't need to read. However when I came across Bitten and Smitten as a suggestion on one of my swap sites, swaptree.com, I decided to take a chance on it (I love swap sites because I can get books I'm not "sure" of for free rather than full cover price) I put it on my bookmooch wishlist and just last week I received it in the mail. I got started on it right away and...loved it from the get go!

Bitten and Smitten by Michelle Rowen is the first book in the Immortality Bites series released in 2006, by Warner Books. It is the story of a twenty something executive assistant, Sarah Dearly who after a blind date from hell (literally!) finds her life changed forever. So thanks to her best friend Amy's "cupid" tendencies, she is now a member of the living dead...as a vampire!

The hilarious antics of Sarah curing her vampire blues with retail therapy in the form of designer shoes and a potential love interest in the form of 600+ year old dark, brooding, and frightfully handsome Thierry de Bennicoeur is a mix of Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic and Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. Maybe that's why I like it so much since it combines elements from two of my favorite books!

If you're looking for a light vampire read to slip in your beach bag, I recommend this book. While there is some language and blood (hello, it IS a vampire book) I'd say this book would be okay for an older teen even though it is marketed towards adults. I have not read the other books in the series but when I do I will be sure to let you know if they're worth the time!

For more information about Bitten and Smitten and Michelle Rowen visit her website:
http://www.michellerowen.com/home/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean