My Review ~ The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson


The Red Door Inn
by Liz Johnson
Copyright 2016
Revell Books
ISBN: 9780800724023

The Story:
Marie Carrington is broke, desperate, and hoping to find sanctuary on Prince Edward Island while decorating a renovated bed-and-breakfast. Seth Sloane moved three thousand miles to help restore his uncle's Victorian B and B--and to forget about the fiancĂ©e who broke his heart. He wasn't expecting to have to babysit a woman with a taste for expensive antiques and a bewildering habit of jumping every time he brushes past her. 

The only thing Marie and Seth agree on is that getting the Red Door Inn ready to open in just two months will take everything they've got--and they have to find a way to work together. In the process, they may find something infinitely sweeter than they ever imagined on this island of dreams.


Learn more about the book and Liz on her website!

My Thoughts:
I'm always a little nervous when I buy or review a book from an author who is new to me. Having never read a book by Liz Johnson, I wasn't sure what I was getting into. Was I wasting my time or would I discover another great Christian fiction author? Hint: Immediately after reading The Red Door Inn I was searching for the next book in the series to add to my Goodreads list. So, yes, I really enjoyed this romance!

Marie Carrington isn't the typical romance heroine. I doubt I've ever encountered anyone as skittish and distrustful of everyone, but for good reason. Seth Sloane is also hurting, but for reasons very different from Marie. He's that gruff type, jaded by love, unwilling to be open with anyone let alone a stranger he thinks is taking advantage of his beloved uncle.

The story of The Red Door Inn is a romance. I think Marie deserved a bit more closure. I would have liked to see her confront her past and the man who hurt her feel the full force of the law. As I noted, it is a romance novel first and as a romance, it does not disappoint. The scenes between Seth and Marie and even Jack and his lady friend make the heart sigh. The men of PEI sure do have a way with the ladies! The Red Door Inn is a story that is sure to delight fans of contemporary romance and have them begging for Caden's story. 

~My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

*I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean