Loving Springtime!



These past few weeks of working as an assistant on a floral themed book promotion have had me thinking on what I love most about spring (other than the warmer weather)! I always look forward to the blooms and blossoms that come every spring. I really like that, "April showers bring May flowers." 

I don't have what you would call a green thumb, I don't kill everything, but sometimes more finicky plants, well, we don't get along. I love the low maintenance irises, peonies, (or flags and pineys as grandma used to say) and the very hardy old-fashioned roses that were first planted decades ago by my great-grandma. There's nothing quite as beautiful as a peony in full bloom or a rose bush covered with fragrant, pink buds. Both arranged in a vase together are simply magical. 

Unfortunately, my old-fashioned rose bush took a turn a few years back and hasn't recovered quite yet. The last few winters have been brutal, but I'm optimistic it will continue to make its comeback. It may be tiny, but at least the leaves are still green!

What are you most looking forward to this spring and summer? Warm weather, graduations, vacations? Do you love the flowers of spring? What's your favorite? Please share in the comments below!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean