Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette ~ My Review


The Story:
Can vengeance give way to forgiveness when one woman's destiny becomes entangled with the very enemies she sought to destroy? 

Motherless and raised alongside her brothers, Alanah, a Canaanite, is no stranger to fighting. When her father and brothers are killed in battle with the Hebrews, she disguises herself and sneaks onto the battlefield to avenge her family. The one thing she never counted on was surviving.

Tobiah, a Hebrew warrior, has spent his share of time on the battlefield and is shocked to find an unconscious woman among the casualties. Compelled to bring her to a healer back at the Hebrew camp, he's unprepared for the consequences of what he intended as an act of compassion.

In order to survive, Alanah must unite with her enemy. But will a terrible revelation drive her toward an even greater danger?


Paperback: 9780764218224 | $15.99 | May 2017 | Bethany House Publishers

My Thoughts:
Biblical fiction at it's finest, on par with writers such as Mesu Andrews and Francine Rivers, Wings of the Wind is yet another exciting and original story from talented author Connilyn Cossette. I couldn't put it down. I know it's a bit cliche to say, but it's totally true! I read through this book in just one afternoon. My Goodreads challenge would easily be tackled if every book I picked up was as interesting as this one.

With Biblical fiction, I feel like there will always be some anachronisms in speech and things like book cover art, but Wings of the Wind still completely immersed me as a reader. It is very atmospheric and quite breath-taking! Fast-paced and with characters you can't help but love, Wings of the Wind is a book in a series I don't hesitate to recommend. It is superb entertainment and just a little "swoony" for those of you who like a little romance. ;-)

~ My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars ~

*I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.*

Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean