Book Review: A Man of His Word by Kathleen Fuller

A Man of His Word
by Kathleen Fuller
Thomas Nelson Publishers
Copyright 2009
291 pages
ISBN: 978-1-59554-812-2



Amish woman Moriah Miller married the man of her dreams, or so she thought. After a few short months of marriage, her husband Levi abandons her on the eve of their anniversary without knowing Moriah is carrying his child. Moriah is devastated but with the help of God, family and friends is determined to move on with her life. After receiving news of a tragic accident, Levi's twin brother, Gabe vows to take care of her and her child. Believing that Gabe is only fulfilling a promise he made to Levi, Moriah is reluctant to let Gabe into her life. Moriah must decide, with God's help, if she's willing to re open her heart.


Having read a lot of Amish fiction in the past few years I've become a little bored as it seems that they're all becoming a bit repetitive and...well...boring. I was a bit surprised when I read the cover blurb for A Man of His Word that it was going to be different from the traditional "happy, Amish marriage story." I was not disappointed. I finished this book in one sitting I just could not put it down! Ms. Fuller did such a good job with this one. The conflict in the story is one that I've never seen read in any Amish story...I don't want to give too much away but what Moriah had to deal with made me think of what a lot of "modern" women and men go through. I'm not so sure if it ever happens within the Amish community as I don't know much about their culture but it was believable. I was happy to see that the characters were "real", they felt anger, they showed restraint as well as abandon and were tempted just as we all are at times. The love story is terrific, with a romance between two of the secondary characters that was so good I wish it had it's own book! I definitely recommend A Man of His Word to all readers of Amish fiction and Christian romances and can't wait until Book 2 in the Hearts of Middlefield series, An Honest Love.

To learn more about Kathleen Fuller visit her at these places:
http://www.kathleenfuller.com/
http://www.amishhearts.com/
http://twitter.com/KathleenFuller

To purchase this book please visit:
Thomas Nelson Product page
Amazon Product page

I received my free copy of A Man of His Word via Thomas Nelson through their Book Reviews Blogger program, to learn more visit: http://brb.thomasnelson.com/

Comments

  1. I've never read Amish fiction before. Maybe I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I find most Amish fiction a bit boring but this is a pretty good story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the nice review, I'm glad you enjoyed the book. And congratulations on finishing two Amish books in one week! I can barely finish one book a week. Cindy is definitely a fabulous author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Kathleen! I really did enjoy your book and can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a general comment, and you can delete it if you want, but how did you get the Thomas Nelson Book Reviewer widget??? I used your link to become a reviewer and want to help promote their program on my blog too.

    :) Wendi
    Wendi's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean