Book Review: Montana Rose by Mary Connealy

Mary Connealy
Montana Rose
Barbour Publishing
July 2009
318 pages
ISBN 9781602601420


My TBR stack is over 15 books high and counting, well yesterday I received Montana Rose by Mary Connealy in the mail and it didn't even make it to the top of the pile! Now before you go thinking "Gee whiz that book must be terrible," the complete opposite is true...it's terrific! I didn't even get a chance to set it down on top of the TBR stack, I just immediately started to read it! What a great inspirational western romance!

Montana Rose is the first book in the Montana Marriages series. Cassie Griffin, newly widowed is stuck between what she thinks is two rocks and a hard place when she is pressed to make a hasty match between two powerful ranchers or gentle hearted Red Dawson. Needless to say she chooses Red and learns that marriage to him is a lot different that what she is used to. What happens in between makes this book my favorite so far this year!

I knew I would enjoy this story simply because I've loved Ms. Connealy's other series, Lassoed in Texas and I was not disappointed in Cassie and Red's story. I have to say that some of Cassie's antics in the barnyard were hilarious and I thought she might just kill Red (not on purpose). At times I felt so sad for her, knowing what she went through both physically and emotionally that made her so reserved and well...not herself. I also really enjoyed the secondary character, Belle and can't wait to read The Husband Tree to see what happens to her and her daughters, Lindsay, Emma and Sarah. This book has a strong faith message and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys clean Christian fiction as well as humor and romance. DEFINITELY read this book, I loved it and I'm sure you will too!

To learn more about Mary Connealy's and her books visit her at:
www.maryconnealy.com
http://mconnealy.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. Looks like a great read, I'll be waiting for your other reviews with anticipation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean