Book Review: Snow Melts in Spring, Seasons of the Tallgrass by Deborah Vogts

Snow Melts in Spring: Seasons of the Tallgrass
Deborah Vogts
2009
Zondervan
303 pages
ISBN: 9780310292753

When I first had the chance to read Snow Melts in Spring, I'll admit I passed on it. Luckily I won a copy of the book and decided to read it before I passed it on to a friend. I was not disappointed, this was a great book that left me wondering what was going to happen next in the series.

Snow Melts In Spring is the story of Mattie Evans and Gil McGray, veterinarian and retired pro football player respectively and the last of the tallgrass prairies. It is classified as a romance but it isn't so much a love story as a story of the importance of family, friends, and faith.

Right from the start this book grabs you. There's so much tragedy that each character has to deal with it makes you want to cry. The secondary character, Dillon Marshall's story is so tragic but a good lesson about the effects of drunk driving and not letting tragedy keep a hold on your life. Deborah Vogt's first book is a great start to a writing career. I can't wait to see what book 2 will bring! This is a must read for Christian fiction and romance lovers!

To learn more about Deborah Vogt and her book please stop by,
Her website
http://www.deborahvogts.com/index.html
Her blog
http://deborahvogts.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. Hi Renee,

    Great review! I can't wait to read this book. :)

    BTW, I love your new design!

    ~ Lori
    http://sugarandgrits.blogspot.com (do you mind?? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nopers I don't mind :D BTW I find that hotbliggityblog.com has WAYYYYY cuter backgrounds than cutest blog on the block...check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

Blogaversary Celebration Day One: Author, Janet Dean