My Review: Beguiled by Deeanne Gist and J. Mark Bertrand

Beguiled
by Deeanne Gist and J. Mark Bertrand
Copyright 2010
Bethany House
336 pages
ISBN: 978-0-7642-0628-3
Fiction/Romantic Suspense

From the Publisher:
Rylee Monroe, a dogwalker in Charleston's wealthiest neighborhood, never feared the streets at night. But now a thief is terrorizing the area and worse, someone seems to be targeting her.

Reporter Logan Woods is covering the break-ins with the hope of publishing them as a true-crime book. The more he digs, the more he realizes this beguiling dogwalker seems to be at the center of everything.

As danger draws ever closer, Logan must choose: Chase the girl, the story, or plunge into the shadows after the villain who threatens everything?

My Review:
Deeanne Gist never disappoints. Her latest novel, a collaboration with suspense writer, J. Mark Bertrand is a bit different from her usual historical romance but I loved it just the same. I'm not a huge fan of suspense but lately I've really been reading and enjoying it. I have never been to Charleston, South Carolina, but when reading Beguiled I felt as if I were there, strolling along the sidewalks in front of stately Victorian mansions. Like most suspense novels the focus isn't so much on the development of a romance between Rylee and Logan but both working together to discover who the modern day Robin Hood burglar really is. Honestly I couldn't figure out whodunit but I wasn't overly surprised who the culprit was in the end....it made sense.

This is definitely a story that will appeal to both readers of suspense and romance and even the male reader. Beguiled also has a faith message but it isn't overly preachy...just right in my opinion! If you're a fan of Deeanne's work then I think you will like this! I definitely will think about giving J. Mark Bertrand's solo debut, Back on Murder, a try when it releases this summer!

To learn more abour Deeanne Gist and her books visit:
Her WEBSITE
Her BLOG

To learn more about J. Mark Bertrand and his work visit:
His WEBSITE

*I received my free review copy from Jim @ Bethany House Publishers!*


Comments

  1. Wow, that was fast. :) You just marked it as "currently-reading" on GR. Looks good, thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yep it was a really quick read but good! Thank you for stopping by! :-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is so different from what she usually writes! I'm glad it's good, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I zoomed right through this one when I got it...it was a great book! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh sounds great! Thanks for another great review Renee! I haven't gotten around to reading this one but, I'm a big fan of Deeanne Gist, so it's only a matter of time;)
    Love Ya,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this book, or this author. It sounds really good. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you liked it, Renee! :)

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked this one too. Great review, glad you liked it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, I don't know if I would like it. I love her other books, but I'm not big into whodunit books. Idk...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Happy 50th, Doctor Who (Giveaway Post!!)