My Review: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games series, Book 2) by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, Book 2)
by Suzanne Collins
Copyright 2009
Scholastic
391 pages
ISBN: 978-0-439-02349-8
YA/Science Fiction

From Amazon.com:
Every year in Panem, the dystopic nation that exists where the U.S. used to be, the Capitol holds a televised tournament in which two teen "tributes" from each of the surrounding districts fight a gruesome battle to the death. In The Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, the tributes from impoverished District Twelve, thwarted the Gamemakers, forcing them to let both teens survive. In this rabidly anticipated sequel, Katniss, again the narrator, returns home to find herself more the center of attention than ever. The sinister President Snow surprises her with a visit, and Katniss’s fear when Snow meets with her alone is both palpable and justified.

Catching Fire is divided into three parts: Katniss and Peeta’s mandatory Victory Tour through the districts, preparations for the 75th Annual Hunger Games, and a truncated version of the Games themselves. Slower paced than its predecessor, this sequel explores the nation of Panem: its power structure, rumors of a secret district, and a spreading rebellion, ignited by Katniss and Peeta’s subversive victory. Katniss also deepens as a character. Though initially bewildered by the attention paid to her, she comes almost to embrace her status as the rebels’ symbolic leader. Though more of the story takes place outside the arena than within, this sequel has enough action to please Hunger Games fans and leaves enough questions tantalizingly unanswered for readers to be desperate for the next installment.

My Review:
Once again another book that I could not put down! I finished both The Hunger Games ( my review HERE)and Catching Fire in one weekend, I loved them that much! I'm disappointed that I have to wait until August for the final book of the trilogy, Mockingjay.

This novel takes place just after the heroes of Book 1, The Hunger Games, return to their District and celebrate their victory by touring all 12 districts of Panem. While I was a teeny bit disappointed with the action and the romantic aspect of this book I still loved it. I need to say that I am firmly Team Peeta and I hope that Mockingjay has a happily ever after because *SPOILER ALERT* The Hunger Games and Catching Fire really don't, although I'm not crossing my fingers 'cause I'm not sure this is happy ending series! You can be sure that I will be reviewing as soon as it is released so be sure to stop back in August. :-D

Note: The books contains some violence and alcohol use.

To learn more about Suzanne Collins visit:
Her WEBSITE


*I received my copy of Catching Fire through bookswap site,
Bookmooch.*

Comments

  1. As I've mentioned to you before, we have both of these books at home, and it's just a matter of time before I read them. Your excellent review will compel me to read them sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't also wait for the third book. I'm still undecided whether I'd be on Peeta or Gale's side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another excellent review! I'll be watching for the 3rd one in August. :)

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this is excellent!!! Both the books are very much interesting and has lots of reviews. I'm not sure whether this is a happy ending series or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dude, this is very nice of you. You have given two books that are having good morals and are very much valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review, Renee! I have the first one, i need to start it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, keep 'em coming!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Birthday Party, Day Two: Author Julie Lessman

November Giveaway Hop: Young Adult ARC Pack (US Giveaway)

Happy 50th, Doctor Who (Giveaway Post!!)